MEETING DINNER 21st JUNE 2016
- Meeting point and reception of attendees, from 20:00 in the entrance of restaurant ("La Pipa" zone)
- The dinner will begin around 20:30 - 20:45.
- The dinner comprises a three course menu, including wine, beer, soft drinks and coffee, with a cost of €40,00. Link to menu.
- Please let us know if you would like to join in and your selection for the second course before 10th June.
CAFE & RESTAURANT
LA PECERA DEL CIRCULO DE BELLAS ARTES
C/ Alcalá, 42
Information on Restaurant La Pecera del Círculo de Bellas Artes
The Círculo de Bellas Artes (CBA) is one of the most important private cultural centres in Europe, characterised by its open attitude towards outstanding innovative artistic trends. It is a multidisciplinary centre with activities ranging from visual art to literature, from science and philosophy to film and the performing arts.
The CBA was founded i n 1880 thanks to the efforts of a small group of artists. It is a private, non-profit cultural institution, officially declared a ‘Centre for the Protection of the Fine Arts and of Public Interest’. During the early years of the 20th century, its important cultural figures of the period such as Jacinto Benavente, Carlos Arniches and Ramón María del Valle-Inclán, frequented its rooms. The young Picasso attended painting classes here.
Among the outstanding characteristics of the CBA is the roof, from which one can have one of the finest views of the city of Madrid and the café La Pecera, in the floor. Anyone who loves culture and art will enjoy calling in at this café. The décor is classic with fitting details (lots of gold), traditional tables and chairs, some comfortable armchairs, high ceilings, large lamps, vast windows... The establishment is reminiscent of a large fish tank, hence the fact that regular customers have nicknamed it La Pecera (the Fish Tank, in Spanish).
How To Reach for Dinner
- Metro station “Banco de España” Line 2 (red).
- Bus stop nº 90, in Calle Alcalá, with buses lines: 5, 9, 51, 52, 53, 146 or 150.
- Bus stop nº 164, in Calle Gran Vía, with buses lines: 1, 2, 46, 74 or146.